CUSTODY CAN BE A DIFFICULT AND DIVISIVE PROCESS,
BUT REMEMBER: PUT YOUR CHILDREN’S WELFARE FIRST
Phoenix Arizona Custody Attorney Laura Gillis
- Never use your children as a weapon against your spouse.
- Assure your children they are not to blame for the breakup, and are not being rejected or abandoned by either parent.
- Be sure your children have ample time with the other parent. They need it.
- Don’t introduce your children to your new romantic interest until the children have adjusted to your separation and your new relationship is stable.
- Don’t bring your children to court or to your lawyer’s office.
In the family court arena, nothing is more important to the parties than custody issues regarding their children.
In cases involving child custody in Arizona, the court (or the parties by agreement) will determine two types of child custody: legal custody and physical custody. In Arizona, the primary consideration of the court in determining custody matters is the best interests of the child. In order to determine the best interests of the child(ren), the court will consider specific factors outlined in Arizona’s statutes.
At The law offices of Laura Gillis, we understand how important your children are to you. We are ready to aggressively represent you in child custody matters, we will help navigate through issues of legal decision-making. Call today for a consultation: (602) 456-2977.